Pueblo Science is currently seeking a student intern to work part time with the CFO as the bookkeeper and part time with the executive director as a marketing assistant. Bookkeeping duties will include recording, posting and processing day-to-day transactions. Assistant marketing duties will include contacting potential donors to the upcoming Pueblo Science annual fundraiser event. We are looking for someone exceptionally organized that loves talking on the phone or in person to engage businesses in Toronto to support our programs. The candidate will have an opportunity to work with the Pueblo Science fund raising committee in carrying his/her assistant marketing responsibilities.
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and bookkeeping activities
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support book-keeping and financial records
- Respond to inquiries and requests regarding bookkeeping duties.
- Maintain books of account using Wave Accounting (including but not limited to posting invoices, journal entries, reconciliations, petty cash)
- Research companies, the relevant contacts and create a donor/sponsor data base
- Device a strategy to approach each company and engage them to donate and support Pueblo Sciences programs
- Establish and maintain a marketing campaign schedule, keeping on top of the various timelines
- Meet and work with the fund raising committee in maintaining existing marketing materials and sponsorship/donation letters
- Understand Pueblo Science’s background, mission, vision and programs.
Qualifications: Accounting or Business student
Number of Interns Needed – 2
When: May –August 2016
Where: 60 St. George Street, Suite 331
Time: flexible hours, must attend biweekly meeting with the product development team
How to apply:
Please fill out the online form below by May 1, 2016