The Pueblo Science Camp aim to enrich children’s experience of STEM (Science Engineering and Math) subjects through engaging hands-on approach, which incorporates a strong connection with higher education inspirational experiences.
The camp will be held between July 4- 14, 2017
Instructor duties and responsibilities include:
- Participate in the entirety of the camp training preceding the camp (2 days over the weekend).
- Introduce the campers to the experiments/activities including scientific background and safety precautions.
- Oversee the performance of the campers throughout the activities, maintaining their conduct and safety.
- Make sure campers are careful to prevent damage to either equipment or camp facility, as well as avoiding irresponsible waste of consumables.
- Manage the volunteer assistant instructors to assist with the delivery of the activity.
- Make sure campers tidy up and clean up at the end of each activity/experiment.
- Oversee the campers during the breaks, whether indoors or outside, according to the camp schedule.
- Be responsible to the safety and well-being of all campers during field trips and outdoor activities.
- Make sure campers are ready to be picked up by their guardians by the end of the day.
- Help clean up and tidy up the camp space at the end of each day, as well as prepare the activities for the following day.
- Provide feedback regarding the camp’s activities at the request of the camp director, at the end of the camp.
- Follow the camp director and camp managers’ instructions during the camp.
- Current or recent post-secondary student.
- A strong teaching background.
- Experience working with children in grades SK-4 in either curricular or extra-curricular activities.
- A strong science background is preferred.
- First aid/CPR certification is an asset.
Applications should submit a resume and include a cover letter, and at least 2 references (contact details only) and be submitted to email@example.com by May 27, 2017.
The number of available positions depends on camp registration, and employment will be conditional upon registration. All instructor positions are paid $13/hr and include 7 hours work per day as well as the training time prior to the camp (TBA). Applicants can only apply for full sessions. Applicant must submit a police record check with a vulnerable sector screen by the start of the program.
Number of Positions available: 3
When: July 4-14, 2017
Where: 60 St. George Street, Suite 331
Time: 35 hours per week, plus 10 hours training
How to apply:
Send resume, cover letter and references as PDF documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 27, 2017